Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5mph over speed limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Y with FSD and noticed that it will only let me set the adaptive cruise at the speed limit. In my model 3 without FSD, it would allow me to go 5mph over the posted limit. I have 2020.24.6.5. I thought I saw this was due to the red light sensing option with older version of software, does this get fixed on a newer version?

TACC allows me to set any speed include 5 mph or 8 mph over the limit. I have not tested how far above the speed limit I can set it. That might be an interesting test some day on an empty road.
Autosteer forces me to go the speed limit only. I also wish that autosteer would allow an offset so I can drive 1 or 2 feet to the right of center, so that when someone is taking their half out of the middle, I have some cushion.

If you are using just TACC, there are no limits on where you set the speed. If you are using Autopilot (without the traffic light beta feature) you can set the speed to +5 mph over the speed limit on normal roads. If you are on a limited access highway, I haven't reached a limit yet (had it set to 80 at one point). If you engage the traffic light beta feature, it limits your speed on normal roads to the speed limit. I don't believe you have that same limit on limited access roads.