Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does reporting incorrect speed limit works?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having an issue where I'm unable to use Autopilot on the roads I'm driving.

TLDR: During my 2.5-hour drive, it consistently indicates a much lower speed limit about 95% of the time, rendering Autopilot useless. (the full version - Autopilot is useless on non-highway roads.)

I've contacted Tesla support, and they informed me that there is nothing they can do. The only option available to me is to use the reporting feature to report incorrect speed limits.

Has anyone experienced success with this approach? Specifically, have multiple reports led to corrected speed limits?

I'm considering recording the phrase "record incorrect speed limit" and putting it on loop on my phone. Then, I'll repeatedly press the voice command button to send reports approximately every 10 seconds on stretches of the road with the incorrect read of speed limits.

However, I'm curious if this strategy makes sense or if these reports are never actually checked by anyone, making it a waste of time.

Reactions: jhneuerburg
I'm having an issue where I'm unable to use Autopilot on the roads I'm driving.

TLDR: During my 2.5-hour drive, it consistently indicates a much lower speed limit about 95% of the time, rendering Autopilot useless. (the full version - Autopilot is useless on non-highway roads.)

I've contacted Tesla support, and they informed me that there is nothing they can do. The only option available to me is to use the reporting feature to report incorrect speed limits.

Has anyone experienced success with this approach? Specifically, have multiple reports led to corrected speed limits?

I'm considering recording the phrase "record incorrect speed limit" and putting it on loop on my phone. Then, I'll repeatedly press the voice command button to send reports approximately every 10 seconds on stretches of the road with the incorrect read of speed limits.

However, I'm curious if this strategy makes sense or if these reports are never actually checked by anyone, making it a waste of time.
Do you have aftermarket wheels and rims? Could it be that you have not set the room and wheel size correctly on the screen?

• Helpful
Reactions: JB47394
Nah, it's definitely has nothing to do with wheels, I have stock wheels and tires, 19"
But there clearly a bug where Tesla reads 30km/h limit and keep applying it for the next 30 minutes of driving despite of me entering or leaving multiple residential areas.
Cannot imagine wheels affecting it in any way

Using voice commands to report the issue won't do anything. Those reports don't go anywhere, but they do create snapshots that service can use if they work on the car.

Do you know any other Tesla owners in your area, and if so, do they have the same issue?

It doesn't appear to be my tesla only - I've rented Tesla before the purchase, and it behaved the same way (before the upgrade - not reading signs but having maps with 40% incorrect speed limits). I bet with the update it'll be the same (as per related topics on this forum)

Unfortunately, I don't know any Tesla owners who would drive the same route. It'll be very hard to find - Poland and Czech Republics are among the lowest EV ownership countries in the EU, and generally people tend to be technically backwards, there are still discussions like if ABS and ESP is safe/good systems, and people in $500,000 new MB/BMW often drives and phone someone holding the phone in their hands as they don't know how to setup Bluetooth connection. Even if I find a person who drives Tesla on that road 9/10 he won't be using autopilot.