Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seat Interior Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As many of you with the 7 seater probably know, there is a section of carpet on the rear door sill that is a prime area for the kids to step on when they get in the car. I'm worried that this section will eventually wear out, so I'm curious if anyone has found a solution for protecting it? All of the sill protector kits seem to be for the 5 seater, where that section is plastic instead of carpet. Thanks in advance!

52CC3BD1-C251-49BA-BF85-C7611E10C433.jpeg

Last edited:
has anyone tried these? they( i think seller) said it fits the 7 seater....

ITrims for Tesla Model Y 2020 2021 2022 Car Accessories Door Sill Plate Cover Trim Strip Car Door Edge Guards Protectors Decoration Stainless Steel (Inner Black 4PCS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B3L3JHW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_R3TA3EE978DV1Y7XV244

i actually ended up buying these. they look/feel great, but did not fit the 7 seater. On the 7 seater, theres actually an extra bump. its flat on the 5 seater.

Looking a bit closer at mine, and it looks like the “carpeted hump” might just pop out? I don’t want to test out that theory but can anyone confirm? If so, then it might be easy enough just to swap these out when they get worn?

Just came across this. It looks like it has a velcro attachment on the back, which should be perfect. Might give it a shot.

Just came across this. It looks like it has a velcro attachment on the back, which should be perfect. Might give it a shot.

it looks kinda tacky, to me but idk