Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#851 - White Sport - Oklahoma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Tesla Tesla | eBay
21d719f63931ec4eced3_3.jpg

I'm still shocked by these sales of cars with so few miles. Being a poor doctor, whenI buy a car I buy it to drive. I guess collectors pick these up and show them off for a few months then sell them. I drive over 1000 miles/month just in local driving, so would expect to put at least that much on an EV.

I'm still shocked by these sales of cars with so few miles. Being a poor doctor, whenI buy a car I buy it to drive. I guess collectors pick these up and show them off for a few months then sell them. I drive over 1000 miles/month just in local driving, so would expect to put at least that much on an EV.
I agree. I've had my Roadster ~15 months and am over 15,000 miles. But some people have "weekend" cars. Also those in the frozen north often have winter cars and summer cars so that tends to keep mileage down too.

This one now appears to be in Omaha, NE, with 500 miles and asking $108,999.

Listing on AOL redirects to here:
http://www.lemonfree.com/car/Tesla-Roadster-2010/5YJRE1A34A1000851?utm_source=VASTNetwork&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=PaidVastTraffic

With so few miles over the course of two years+, wouldn't that suggest the batteries have not been maintained as they should? I've always worried that those who don't really *use* their EVs end up actually shortening their battery pack lives... Either in a SOC kept high side, or too low, for too long.

Car looks gorgeous though.

With so few miles over the course of two years+, wouldn't that suggest the batteries have not been maintained as they should? I've always worried that those who don't really *use* their EVs end up actually shortening their battery pack lives... Either in a SOC kept high side, or too low, for too long.

Car looks gorgeous though.
If it was left plugged in in storage mode there will be nothing wrong w/ it. And that's one nice thing about the Roadster (and hopefully Model S) - end users can pull the logs and view all of this info using tools the geniuses here on TMC have devised. You can see for the car's history how much time the car spent at high SOC, low SOC, how many times it was run down to 0, etc. So as a prospective buyer you can scan through the logs and decide if you want to adjust your offer based on usage. It's much more difficult to do this w/ an ICE.

If it was left plugged in in storage mode there will be nothing wrong w/ it. And that's one nice thing about the Roadster (and hopefully Model S) - end users can pull the logs and view all of this info using tools the geniuses here on TMC have devised. You can see for the car's history how much time the car spent at high SOC, low SOC, how many times it was run down to 0, etc. So as a prospective buyer you can scan through the logs and decide if you want to adjust your offer based on usage. It's much more difficult to do this w/ an ICE.

This is great advice. Wouldnt have though of that at first. Gotta love the people here at TMC.