Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oklahoma City, OK - Belle Isle Blvd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
Last edited:
WOOT! Thanks NEVI. Not a bad location on I-44. It's a little weird to get to from the elevated Interstate due the highway curvature and the exit layout but it's doable with Nav. We'll take it!! Great resources in easy walking distance.

Reactions: CarlS
WOOT! Thanks NEVI. Not a bad location on I-44. It's a little weird to get to from the elevated Interstate due the highway curvature and the exit layout but it's doable with Nav. We'll take it!! Great resources in easy walking distance.

Not the best for resources for travelers. There's a Chili's in the same lot, or you have to cross the road and walk through a large lot to Walmart, or a Chinese restaurant.
One day walkability from charging stations will be taken into account. :p

Still, it is close to I-44 and according to Supercharge.info/OSM, a quicker diversion than the current V3 if you're traveling I-40.

Not the best for resources for travelers. There's a Chili's in the same lot, or you have to cross the road and walk through a large lot to Walmart, or a Chinese restaurant.
I drive by here all the time. It's better than you think. The Interstate is elevated giving easy walking access to the 24x7 IHOP just south and McD just a bit further. Read, 24x7 restrooms. This location has a ton of resources compared to most of the other OK SC locations.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
I drive by here all the time. It's better than you think. The Interstate is elevated giving easy walking access to the 24x7 IHOP just south and McD just a bit further. Read, 24x7 restrooms. This location has a ton of resources compared to most of the other OK SC locations.

On Streetview from the north side, the area under the Interstate is fenced with a chain link fence, with a State Property No Trespassing sign and a locked gate.
On Streetview from the south side by IHOP there's images of construction vehicles under the Interstate.

Did they open up a footpath through?

Last edited:
One day walkability from charging stations will be taken into account. :p
When charging times were longer that was a bigger deal, but these days with a 15 to 20-min charge (or less), there's not enough time to have a meal. That happened to me at a Supercharger, and because my burger took an extra 5 minutes, I barely had time to eat it before my car was charged. Actually, I let it charge a little extra, but I felt rushed. Now I'd just rather do a charge and then go enjoy a meal and take my time. If instead of a Supercharger I use one of the 11.5 kW L2 chargers that Tesla is putting in next to more and more Supercharger stalls, I know I have an hour or two, which gives plenty of time to enjoy an unrushed meal. Funny, then walkability becomes a desirable thing again. L2 chargers are underrated! :)

Reactions: Pilotdude22
Unfortunately it also appears that there's no easy walking along Belle Isle Boulevard under the Interstate so you can't even easily walk around.

It's not a safe walk if there are any cars in the South bound lanes. With Wally Mart in that area it almost always has traffic. It's because of the large concrete bridge supports. They come right up to the curb and they've added galvanized barriers to keep cars from hitting the bridge supports. To do that walk you have to walk in the street for a good 20 yards to get to the IHOP or McD's. If there's any cars at all, I'd never try it. There's just no room in that corridor for a walkway. With the under bridge fencing, there's no way to go under either.