Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C and Heater Smell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to recall about a year ago that a software update was supposed to run the Air Conditioning (or at least the fan) for a few minutes after parking to dry out the system to prevent the infamous AC stink that everyone talks about. I don't notice the system running after parking. Was that feature removed or is there a setting I overlooking. I used Kool-it and new filters but still have the odor especially if running the heater for the first time after a while. Also is there a cleaner that would work better than Kool-it? Thanks all.

I’ve got the same problem too. (‘21 MY LR) and started having this problem 3 months after purchase. SC wanted to charge over $150 for cabin filter and flush. I’m wondering if I should just let them do it if your still having issues.

I’ve got the same problem too. (‘21 MY LR) and started having this problem 3 months after purchase. SC wanted to charge over $150 for cabin filter and flush. I’m wondering if I should just let them do it if your still having issues.
It's something you can do if inclined. Depending on the Y the filters I believe could be in the Frunk rather than like the 3's. Foam flush is available.