Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A different discussion point for waiting for a non-FS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a lot of great discussions on waiting for non-FS or not based on the estimated 20K difference.
I want to open up the discussion for another point of view based on my experience in my MX purchase.
I was very eagerly waiting for taking the delivery as soon as possible. When my VIN was given for and early September 2016 delivery, I was in heaven. 20 days later MX got the camera and MCU upgrade that Elon said it is not possible to apply to older models. He said it would be like spine replacement.
In those times you were treated like a luxury car owner with in factory delivery and a tour, unlike my wife’s M3 which was delivered to home by a kid. That is all in the past.

Do you guys think there will be changes to Cybertruck in a year? Maybe no side mirrors? Access to the cabin from the truck bed? Stuff that can not be done through software upgrades. By the way my MX is 105K miles now and still loving it.

I had a Sig P90DL Model X (RIP to a deer). I bought a used (SCntr loaner) June 2017 Model X and the MCU2 update happened ~Aug 2017. I bought FSD with it so I did get the 'free' camera upgrade but I paid for the MCU2 upgrade (well worth it).

I don't see those changes to the CT. I don't see access to the cabin from the trunk bed ever because the tonneau drops there:
1 because there is no place for a window to roll down into
2 because even if they let the rear window have a slider to the left or right (or go down part way)
THEN you have safety issues with that tonneau cover hitting hands/fingers/etc as it when down or up.

There are comments/articles like this tho. "Elon Musk Unveils Tesla AI5: 10x Power by 2025"
Tweet/post: "The Tesla AI5 [HW5] computer has ~10X the capability of HW4 computer and Tesla makes the whole software stack. — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 20, 2024."

I had a Sig P90DL Model X (RIP to a deer). I bought a used (SCntr loaner) June 2017 Model X and the MCU2 update happened ~Aug 2017. I bought FSD with it so I did get the 'free' camera upgrade but I paid for the MCU2 upgrade (well worth it).

I don't see those changes to the CT. I don't see access to the cabin from the trunk bed ever because the tonneau drops there:
1 because there is no place for a window to roll down into
2 because even if they let the rear window have a slider to the left or right (or go down part way)
THEN you have safety issues with that tonneau cover hitting hands/fingers/etc as it when down or up.

There are comments/articles like this tho. "Elon Musk Unveils Tesla AI5: 10x Power by 2025"
Tweet/post: "The Tesla AI5 [HW5] computer has ~10X the capability of HW4 computer and Tesla makes the whole software stack. — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 20, 2024."

When you have Elon in the picture, you never know…

Reactions: scottf200
The side mirrors are very easy to remove yourself.
True.

Everyone should know that it makes virtually NO difference in efficiency.

61IhEdV.jpeg