Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A few things

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just completed the first half of a 3200 mile road trip (Ottawa Ontario to Fort Lauderdale). I am a new model S owner and Had a little range anxiety before leaving but we were please to see the range projections in the car were largely accurate. We ended up supercharging 7 times and most were fast. Although we stoped more frequently than with our ICE car, we did not mind supercharging as most were in shopping/restaurant centers. Average charge time was about 35 minutes. I would not hesitate to take it on another long trip.

We did have one major issue though, an hour south of Washington DC, we hit a large pothole in the dark on the off ramp. Our car has the 21” low profile tires and both front tires deflated on impact, they look great but are easily damaged. We quickly pulled over and used the Tesla app to contact roadside assistance. That was a good experience. They sent a tow truck with 2 loaner wheels and the driver put them on our car. We were on our way in about an hour, then had to go to Richmond Virginia to get our tires fixed and return the loaners. 2 new tires and 1 new rim cost us $2k.

Anyway, a great car to travel with.

cheers,
PeteInOttawa

We bought a spare tire on Amazon after we got a flat on the day our car was delivered! Not that one spare would have helped you! I think a class action pot hole lawsuit against the government is a good idea! We get flats all the time on our ICE Porsche with its low profile tires. We paid to pave our own county road, and I harangued, albeit politely, the county until they paved a few main roads in our tiny hamlet.