Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A month of Mondays....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
1677180464003.jpeg

It has felt like a "month of Mondays", while we have dealt with all manner of colds, virii, setbacks and progress. I had my biennial (every two years) oncology review, today and my doc pretty much told me that we were done - hallelujah! We'll just be doing annual bloodwork to monitor my state, on a go-forward-basis.

This was the best news ever after having felt as though the floor had dropped out from under me on April 15, 2010 at 17:45. Ya, it's that accurate. I'm sure if you were to interview any #cansurvivor, they will be pinpoint accurate as to the date and time they heard those three words, "You have cancer".

I can attribute Sunnybrook for many positive things in my life, starting with saving me from cancer, and most recently my left TKR (Total Knee Replacement). Funny enough, this was one of the first things my oncologist brought up when we met today, as he gets all of my other medical updates too.

So for all of my sisters and brothers, who are facing cancer; fought cancer and won, or are continuing in that "good fight", YOU are never alone. We are always here - a DM or call away.

What cancer had taught me:
- My plans were a joke, when faced with an imminent mortality
- If I could get through this, I would need to re-evaluate a lot of things.
- Balance "living in the moment", with planning
- Eat better
- Live better
- Love more
- The universe has more in store for you, than you could ever know.
- YOU manifest what you put your mind to

Peace out - JP

#cancerfighter #cancersucks #fighthard #winbig