Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A new Homelink module?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has two versions of Homelink for sale, the new one is for 2023 Model 3 ONLY, anyone knows the difference from the old version?

1692279741215.png

Attachments

• 1692279726594.png
    1692279726594.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 85
I bought 2 OEM Tesla Homelink kits on eBay for $169 each For my 2 2023 model Ys. Part number 1114984-00-B

The same seller “element1-7“ is now selling them for $189

Kit included module, bracket and screw. Followed YouTube installation instructions. It took less than 20 minutes working very slowly to do the hardware installation. Just needed A 10mm driver or socket and a flat blade screwdriver.

Activating it was pretty easy also. Only tricky part was I had to exit the car and close the door to allow a 2nd reboot for the Homelink to show active.

When within range of the activated garage door the icon pops up on the top of the screen. See screenshot attached.

I set it up to automatically open the door when arriving. I didn’t set it to automatically close because I want to verify with my eyes that is actually closed before driving away.

Attachments

• IMG_5506.jpeg
    IMG_5506.jpeg
    551.8 KB · Views: 138
I bought 2 OEM Tesla Homelink kits on eBay for $169 each For my 2 2023 model Ys. Part number 1114984-00-B

The same seller “element1-7“ is now selling them for $189

Kit included module, bracket and screw. Followed YouTube installation instructions. It took less than 20 minutes working very slowly to do the hardware installation. Just needed A 10mm driver or socket and a flat blade screwdriver.

Activating it was pretty easy also. Only tricky part was I had to exit the car and close the door to allow a 2nd reboot for the Homelink to show active.

When within range of the activated garage door the icon pops up on the top of the screen. See screenshot attached.

I set it up to automatically open the door when arriving. I didn’t set it to automatically close because I want to verify with my eyes that is actually closed before driving away.

I just installed and programmed the Homelink on my 2nd model Y. Start to finish it took a total of less than 20 minutes.
Sorry, I don’t know the difference between the old and new versions.
Also, trying to figure out how these two posts are helpful to the original question?

Reactions: brkaus
Sorry, I don’t know the difference between the old and new versions.
Also, trying to figure out how these two posts are helpful to the original question?

While my posts weren't related to the original question but I wanted to post that rather than going to Tesla for the parts they may available from ebay for his 23 M3 . That is why I posted the eBay part number 1114984-00-B that I bought. The OP can check with Tesla service center with his VIN and find out what the part number is for the Homelink Module. He can order it from the Service center with the backet and screw for about $230 from what I was told.

The eBay seller sells hundreds of these and a quick message to the seller should get his answer. He also sells gobs of other OEM Tesla parts so he should be knowledgeable an have the answer. If you do a search on ebay for 385887486670 (the listing number) the recent lising should come up.

The parts I received from him were Module P/N 1114984-00-B + bracket P/N 1098355-00-B + a screw

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert