Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A nubie has a question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friends, this is my first post, apologies if I am not posting following stablished protocol!
I looked for the answer but did not find it.
I am trading my 2022 Model Y performance for a 2023 Model X and I have a full size rim and tire for it, as well as a Modern Spare kit, the bolt pattern is different ( 5x120 Model X vs 5x114.3 fo the Model Y) I have seen some adapters at eBay, Amazon and others, my question is; would I have a safety issue because of the size and weight of the X? Do I need to buy new items for the new vehicle and spend a lot of money again? Is there a simple way to do this?
I have been reading a lot of the posts and I really like the information provided, keep up the good work!

George

The Model X weighs somewhere around 1,500-2,000 lbs more than the Y. Please don't mess with this — use only 20" or 22" wheels in official Model X sizes. No adapters. Most likely yes you'll have to get new stuff for the X. I'd recommend posting somewhere and selling (or trading) your current equipment to save some cash.

Upvote 0
The Model X weighs somewhere around 1,500-2,000 lbs more than the Y. Please don't mess with this — use only 20" or 22" wheels in official Model X sizes. No adapters. Most likely yes you'll have to get new stuff for the X. I'd recommend posting somewhere and selling (or trading) your current equipment to save some cash.
Thank you, you are right, what's a few dollars when there is safety at stake.

Reactions: spectrum
Upvote 0