Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to replace my 2016 Model X passenger side headlight due to broken tabs and noticed a lot of them on ebay have different model numbers (ex. 103431500f, 103431500b, 103431500a). As long as it is a 2016-2021 headlight, does the ending character matter? Not sure what the differences are (if any) of the last character being different.

I am looking to replace my 2016 Model X passenger side headlight due to broken tabs and noticed a lot of them on ebay have different model numbers (ex. 103431500f, 103431500b, 103431500a). As long as it is a 2016-2021 headlight, does the ending character matter? Not sure what the differences are (if any) of the last character being different.
you can take any of that. it will fit. after 2019 it has an upgrade but will work and visualy will be the same. yesterday i put one 2020 hedlight to an 2017 model x. fits perfect

you can take any of that. it will fit. after 2019 it has an upgrade but will work and visualy will be the same. yesterday i put one 2020 hedlight to an 2017 model x. fits perfect
Great news thank you so much! I've been reading conflicting information about whether you have to reprogram the headlight to the car/update the firmware. Is this true or is it simply just plug and play? Also, would it make sense to use the module from my previous headlight or should I use the module that comes with the new headlight?

Not all headlights function the same. Some have side lights that light up when the wheel is turned at low speeds. Some don't. Be sure to get the one that matches your other side. I think the early performance models had the side lights and the regular ones did not. I'm pretty sure they all have the side lights now but not positive.

Last edited:
The “side lights” on my MX are the power fog lights, not the main headlight assembly.

I’m driving to Halifax SC now with a non-functioning passenger side low beam. I find the whole matter offensive. My ‘16MX has 136K km, which, if you assume usage of 1 min/km (ie 60km/h average speed) is ~2300h. Cut that in half for a “low beam” (night driving) and you have 1150h of usage for LED’s? They SHOULD last double that, easy. $3065 CAD for the part. It’s stupid expensive. There are probably 2016 cars of other brands out there that you could buy for the $4K this repair is costing me.