Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A positive experience with Tesla mobile service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David29

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2015
DEDHAM, MA
Over my nearly 8 years of experience with Tesla service, I have had mostly positive and successful interactions with my local service centers (Dedham, MA and once at Norwell, MA) as well as with the mobile service. Maybe I have just been lucky but I have never had the sort of terrible interactions that I have often read about on this forum or on other social media.
Today, mobile service was at my home to repair my left rear door latch, because it was not opening. Oops, when the tech got here, it opened just fine! Intermittent problems are difficult to diagnose. The technician noticed that the inside door trim was loose, and after disassembling it and taking a look, he did not find any issue with the door handle or latch, which he said is the latest version. (It had been replaced previously.) He told me that he reassembled everything, recalibrated the window, and theorized that the loose trim might have interfered with the window motion, which is necessary for the door to open. (I hate those frameless windows just for this kind of problem.)
The bill was only $23, despite his being here for an hour or so. So, even though it is possible there is still some intermittent and/or undiagnosed problem, I was happy with the tech's efforts. He was very pleasant, and seemed to know what he was doing.
I can't help but wonder how many car dealers would send a tech to your house, spend an hour of tech time, and charge only $23.