Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A question about ordering a model 3 using a vehicle trade in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, so here's my situation. I have an F150 truck that has roughly $13K for trade in equity on a model 3 performance car. My local dealership gave me a trade-in quote using my truck's current mileage. They said they will honor the trade-in quote for 30 days within a 1K mile range of the current mileage stated.

What happens if my order goes past those thirty days and my financing has already been set up? I'm worried the trade-in value might change and things getting complicated.

Any thoughts?

They will probably just reappraise it. They just tend to use "Good" Trade-in value under KBB. Like other said, get a couple more quotes in a week or so from Carmax and Carvana to keep them honest. They just send all their trade-ins to auction anyway. They lose some money on some them and make some money on others. They just want to sell an EV and get you in the Tesla ecosystem. Next will be the charger, the charging cables, the NEMA adapters, the trunk mat, Supercharging fees, etc.

I hear ya. I hope you are located near a service center. I've had two Tesla vehicles (model X and now P3D) and since im located about 3 hours from the nearest repair center- I'm probably done with Tesla now. Will be selling my Tesla when I get the windshield replaced from rock hitting and cracking it. 12 weeks wait on a repair is unacceptable in my book!

I drive about 3,000 miles a month, and had the same issue. Appraisal reevaluation came back just like the first.

Make sure to shop your trade to CarMax, as Tesla will match their value with a credit. In my case it was about a $1,500 difference.