Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC not working as good after recent software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supposedly the AC unit was to be more effective after the update. Here in Florida I find it much less effective. It takes forever to cool the car down and now kicks the vents on for your feet also and doesn’t kick the speeds up to high unless you turn the air way down in regards to the temperature.. How about the rest of you? Maybe I am the only one. Before I just left it on auto with the fan speed at medium and it would automatically kick in high as soon as she got in the car as the temperatures are high in Florida and then slowly back down as the AC cooled the car down.

I was just going to post a question asking if anyone has noticed the advertised improvement in the new version. I haven't, it seems about the same - no better, no worse, no louder, definitely not quieter.

But in all recent versions, when climate control is in AUTO, the fan isn't supposed to run any faster that what you have it set to. So I don't know how you saw it kick in on high when it was set to medium.