Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC Turns On When Open Door/Switches Climate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve read some other threads and still can’t seem to fix this. So for example this morning, I turned on the cars climate setting it to 75 since it’s 30 degrees outside. It shows it’s blowing hot air on the app. As soon as I touch the door handle because I assume it senses my driver profile, it automatically switches and turns the air to low and puts the ac on. I’ve tried turned cabin protection off, and when it is on it’s set to no ac. Also, when using the car the other day the ac was not on when leaving the vehicle. So I’m thinking it’s somewhere saved on my driver profile to turn on the ac but can’t figure out how to turn that off. Any help is greatly appreciated

A/c does not equate to air cooling. Too long of a matter to discuss here but

Air conditioning system will condition your air regardless of temperature. So here it will turn on and off depending on humidity levels to prevent fogging.
You could run the a/c all year long at whatever temperature, which is what i do.

Reactions: Pianewman
A/c does not equate to air cooling. Too long of a matter to discuss here but

Air conditioning system will condition your air regardless of temperature. So here it will turn on and off depending on humidity levels to prevent fogging.
You could run the a/c all year long at whatever temperature, which is what i do.
Well I know it’ll use it for defogging, my main issue is I have it set to say 80 degrees to warm up or defrost, but when I get into the car or it recognizes me it turns to ac and low. So it starts blowing out extremely cold air. My main want is for it not to switch to Low when entering.