Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Weak AC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my MYP last week and we are in the Las Vegas desert, coming from a BMW, and it can be 110° outside and the AC can be super cold in less than a minute.
I have not had enough time with the MYP to judge yet, but sometimes the AC feels cold, sometimes it feels weak.
I normally feel this when I get in the car and start driving, it’ll take a lot longer for the air to feel cold.
I am still getting used to the idea that I can pre-cool the cabin through he app, and I also have the cabin overheat protection turned on and set to 90°

After a 5 minutes or so, the car definitely feels colder, and that’s ok, but I do miss the instant cold air hitting my sweaty face in the desert.

Now I’m not sure if there is a setting or best practice but I’ve been setting the temp to “LO” and turning on “AUTO” which I feel like it helps but also it’s loud AF

do you have a similar experience? Is this expected behavior?

Reactions: beachmiles
Yes, it takes longer to get cold and will start by blowing hot air on you... Just turn it on from your phone or smart watch a couple of minutes before you get in the car. This is a fair trade off, and when you discover how nice it is to just leave the AC on when you have to run into a store and not come back to a crazy hot car, you will forgive the behavior...

Yes, it takes longer to get cold and will start by blowing hot air on you... Just turn it on from your phone or smart watch a couple of minutes before you get in the car. This is a fair trade off, and when you discover how nice it is to just leave the AC on when you have to run into a store and not come back to a crazy hot car, you will forgive the behavior...
Yesss, that’s it, it blows hot air to start and that’s what throws me off for a min
Anyway I assume since you have a similar experience then I’m not doing anything wrong, and yeah for sure, just have to remember that I can pre-cool from my phone now.