Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access to firemans loop connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I need to disconnect the 12V battery on my late 2017 MS90D, and according to fixmytesla I should also disconnect the firemans loop connector. When I looked today it look s like I can disconnect it, but reconnection looks difficult due to very poor access to the connector lower half - its crammed between the windscreen reservoir lid and the brake fluid master cylinder. Has anyone done this before?

Regards Spanish

I didn't know they moved the loop. On my Dec 2104 it is on the passenger side under the intake vent for the HVAC. all you have to do is remove a couple bolts and pop it out and bam its right there.
If they moved it i suspect there is a similar easy way to access it. Possibly from the underside if you take out the wheel and the fender liner. but i dono maybe someone with a newer car can provide some additional insight.

The guide above is referring to LHD vehicles. Mine is a RHD.

IMG_20210314_120457.jpg

The guide above is referring to LHD vehicles. Mine is a RHD.
Looking at the pic you provided makes more sense to your problem.

I definitely suggest pulling the wheel off and taking out the fender liner. Also you can see the loop is secured with a clip to the frame rail there in the pic that comes off with a easy pull so you can move it around as necessary... Although you could prob get it out from the top there just squeeze your fingers in there. just finagle it around and if you disconnect it from the chassis of the car it will me easier to maneuver to get it out.

The clip isn't a normal type of connector either so be aware of that and how it comes apart.
there is a large red plastic piece on one side and 2 small ones on the other. the red piece slides out towards the big side and as it slides out it will push up/out the plug. The first time i took mine apart i used a real small flat head screwdriver on the big red side after pushing on the small side a little and popped it out, it was really snug and secure. now i can push on the small side with my finger pretty hard and it comes out.