Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident repair $7,200

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MY-user

MYLR, 5s, OD9/10, received on Nov. 29.
Sep 15, 2021
Colorado
Got rear-ended and hit the car in front.
According to my insurance estimate the repair is $7,200. 2022 MYLR with 65k miles on it.
What can I do to prove it's totaled?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240628_062936_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240628_062936_Gallery.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240628_063312_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240628_063312_Gallery.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240628_063249_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240628_063249_Gallery.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240628_063005_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240628_063005_Gallery.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 2
You can’t do anything. When you get an actual Tesla estimate however I am certain that will be triple your estimate. Any attempt to falsify your damage (like pulling seat trim) will likely lose you the claim. It’s an estimate, their job is to guess low.

It’s the insurance adjuster and body shop’s call to determine if it can/will be totaled. I wouldn’t worry about it at this point until the teardown is complete and you have a full writeup of the work to be done. Your car’s probably worth in the mid-high $20s and it won’t be hard to cross the threshold before it’s totaled. Looks like a lot of labor and paint to be done. But that’s from an internet stranger FWIW 😂

Reactions: MY-user
You can’t do anything. When you get an actual Tesla estimate however I am certain that will be triple your estimate. Any attempt to falsify your damage (like pulling seat trim) will likely lose you the claim. It’s an estimate, their job is to guess low.
I was not planning to add any damage :)

Just want a reputable shop do an estimate and persuade my insurance company that the car is totaled.

It’s the insurance adjuster and body shop’s call to determine if it can/will be totaled. I wouldn’t worry about it at this point until the teardown is complete and you have a full writeup of the work to be done. Your car’s probably worth in the mid-high $20s and it won’t be hard to cross the threshold before it’s totaled. Looks like a lot of labor and paint to be done. But that’s from an internet stranger FWIW 😂

I just don't want to deal with selling the repaired car. I'm already scheduled to pick up new MYP this Sunday.

In my opinion is not totaled…my wife’s got sideswiped by a delivery truck in our 2022 M3 SRP with 16k miles and it was $6277.59

One thing I will add is that we used a service that help this money diminished value of from the company’s insurance. The report said the diminished value was $8790… And within about four hours the insurance company offered me $6902.50 after their appraisal company looked at my 18 page report.

Www.allensautomotiveappraisal.com

IMG_0001.jpeg

I was not planning to add any damage :)

Just want a reputable shop do an estimate and persuade my insurance company that the car is totaled.

have you taken it to a Tesla body shop for an estimate? Does your state law allow you to take your car to any approved body shop, regardless of what your insurance recommends?

Definitely demand a rental while yoru car is being repaired. You shouldn't have to take the bus bcos their insured tailgates. Don't accept a Toyota Tercel, either; their insured ruined your mid-sized SUV so they need to provide a similar sized one. It coudl be weeks/months for Tesla parts to arrive. (plus, as others have noted, the other insurer doesn't want to keep paying out rental rates.).

Last edited:
In my opinion is not totaled…my wife’s got sideswiped by a delivery truck in our 2022 M3 SRP with 16k miles and it was $6277.59

One thing I will add is that we used a service that help this money diminished value of from the company’s insurance. The report said the diminished value was $8790… And within about four hours the insurance company offered me $6902.50 after their appraisal company looked at my 18 page report.

Www.allensautomotiveappraisal.com

View attachment 1060644
Thank you so much! Very valuable information!

• Love
Reactions: BMWM3Man