Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Collision Repair Center Woes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla collision repair center experience.

So I recently sent my car into Tesla collision repair shop and they walked around and started circling issues and I said this is the spot where I got hit. I don't know what else might be damaged, but I'm sure you'll talk to the insurance to figure out what will get covered.

I then sign a repair plan.

I get a call from the repair person saying hey we found some other damages. Were you in another accident? I said no I was not in any other accident. This is the only accident I've been in so it's probably related to that and then he basically says okay. I'll fix it and then I'll talk to the insurance.

So I'm assuming that means it'll get cleared by the insurance and we'll get covered by them.

Well turns out that some parts that they repaired were deemed not related to the accident by the insurance and now that they've already been fixed Tesla's asking me to pay them.

But I never agreed to pay for anything and I never even got the cost of repairs that I would have to pay beforehand to either agree or disagree in the same fashion that the insurance company got to do.

None of the conversations regarding damages, pictures of damages or the cost of repairs was ever sent to me. It was sent straight to the insurance company.

Now they're saying I can't get my car back until I pay and that I agreed to the extra charges over the phone.

Nothing has been communicated to me in writing or in the Tesla app as I assume it's supposed to be dealt with.

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

That, instead of posting on a forum about it, you need to be talking to legal representation and pursuing it that way. Im not trying to mute your story or anything, I just know that nothing posted here about something like this will matter, so you need to pursue it legally if you feel what is happening is incorrect.

Reactions: buckets0fun
That, instead of posting on a forum about it, you need to be talking to legal representation and pursuing it that way. Im not trying to mute your story or anything, I just know that nothing posted here about something like this will matter, so you need to pursue it legally if you feel what is happening is incorrect.
Understood but I'm trying to gauge if based on others experience this seems par for the course or atypical.