TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Accident

Discussion in 'Model X' started by EVfamily, Dec 19, 2019.

1. EVfamily

EVfamily New Member

Hi guys,

Got rear ended and just trying to get an idea of how long this will take to fix. I am located in Southern California if it matter.

Attached Files:

2. EVfamily

EVfamily New Member

3. FoxSTL2HOU

FoxSTL2HOU Member

Just parts availability / getting to a shop? I always suggest 8 weeks (was more in my case but that was related to battery cutoff controls).

Time added from the insertion of insurance (who accepts liability, how long it takes for acceptance, how long for insurance to find/agree on a shop, how long to get the vehicle to the shop, how long of a backlog at the shop, how long for insurance to approve the quote / generate their own, how long for insurance to pay the shop for the work to release the vehicle)...who knows.

4. SoCalNick

SoCalNick Member

I recommend AVIO coach craft in Van Nuys. They did a great job on my Tesla.
    Estimate 10K.

They ordered parts for me, that took 3 weeks.
    Then I dropped of the car, and the installed everything in 3 weeks.
    I was without my car for ~23 days.

They replaced both doors on one site, replaced the rear quarter panel, painted everything to match (including the bumper), and sent the car out for an alignment.

They are pretty much Tesla only, and can hook you up with a Tesla rental through Enterprise.

Drop me a PM if you have any questions.