Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please help me make an offer on a 2021 Model X LR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I tried to get a sense of price ranges, but the Model X or Tesla prices, in general, seem to be all over the place!

I found a local Model X LR+ that could work for my family. The seller is doing OBO, which seems like a good idea as he has posted the car for $60K.

Could you guys please help me make an offer on the car, here are the specs for the car:

- 2021 Long Range Plus
- Multi-coat Red, but also wrapped in red
- Chrome delete
- 69K miles and climbing
- FSD included
- 6 seats, black seats
- Wood interior
- Macsboost Rear Camber arms to take care of the rear wear
- Says new tires under 500 miles
- 20" Turbine Wheels with some rash on them
- Seems like an OK wrap job and condition is good, not prestine
- No basic warranty left
- Battery warranty is active till 2028 or 150K miles

I appreciate everyone's help, thank you!

Fragger,
Check some of the car websites for pricing. I have been looking for a used 22-23 X. The 23 X's that I have seen have 10000 -12000 miles on the odometer. Pricing has been $70000-72000. You might check Facebook Marketplace there are some 20 and 21 Xs. I believe they were non Plaid.

This is a 21 X + on the Tesla inventory site. It has 4000 more miles, but is $10000 less. Also you get a year or 10000 mile warranty.

Thank you so much for your help, Pacer, very helpful! I haven't dug deep into a nationwide Facebook marketplace search, however between Cars.com and other sites and some Tesla inventory search, the price between the 2020 and 2021 X LR+ with FSD is kinda all over the place. I've seen them all sorts or mileage, and ranging from high 40s to 60K+.

I posted here to inquire about this particular car cause this was local to me.

I also appreciate your posted car from Tesla. You've got nice search skills! Unfortunately, I think a 6 seats + FSD is a must-have for us. If something like that comes up during your search, please do ping me!

Appreciate you!

Fragger,
There are numerous listings on Facebook Marketplace in the Houston and Dallas/ Ft. Worth area for 20 and 21 X Plus. You can always add FSD after the purchase. Unless you buy from Tesla FSD will not transfer to the new owner. Use the search function on this site and look at "FSD Transfer". Also, be aware on the 6 seat model the middle row captain seats will not fold down. Do some research on this site. If I see anything I will copy and paste to you. Enjoy the hunt.
Check the vin on AutoCheck and Carfax.

Reactions: Fragger
Fragger,
You might broaden your search. Additional websites:

edmunds.com
car gurus.com
autotrader.com
craigslist.com
eBay.com

Some additional sites

currentautomotive.com
dillonsauto.com
onlyusedteslas.com
findmyelectric.com

The sites onlyusedteslas.com and findmyelectric.com pricing for Teslas is higher than what you will find on the other websites.

Fragger,
There are numerous listings on Facebook Marketplace in the Houston and Dallas/ Ft. Worth area for 20 and 21 X Plus. You can always add FSD after the purchase. Unless you buy from Tesla FSD will not transfer to the new owner. Use the search function on this site and look at "FSD Transfer". Also, be aware on the 6 seat model the middle row captain seats will not fold down. Do some research on this site. If I see anything I will copy and paste to you. Enjoy the hunt.

Sounds good, my friend. One possible correction, seems like FSD does transfer between owners, as long as the dealer did not buy the car from Tesla auctions.

Reactions: JBT66 and Pacernow
Fragger,

FSD transfers to the next owner, unless the current owner just transferred it to a new Tesla, or unless it was just a month-to-month subscription. It stays with the car otherwise (unlike free supercharging, which only stays if it's SC01).

I'd also add carsandbids.com to the list. I'd guesstimate you would get something with 6 seats and FSD every month or two on that site.

FSD transfers to the next owner, unless the current owner just transferred it to a new Tesla, or unless it was just a month-to-month subscription. It stays with the car otherwise (unlike free supercharging, which only stays if it's SC01).

I'd also add carsandbids.com to the list. I'd guesstimate you would get something with 6 seats and FSD every month or two on that site.
Thanks for your helpful response!

I really hope you didnt man. For 3-4k more you can get a facelifted model X 22+
No, my friend! I thought the seller is crazy asking that much. Market proves it cause it's unsold. Was surprised when some people on Reddit and possibly here said, it was fair.

Funny part was the drop from the seller in price... It was a whopping $900 LOL! So it's 59.1 now LOL!

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
No, my friend! I thought the seller is crazy asking that much. Market proves it cause it's unsold. Was surprised when some people on Reddit and possibly here said, it was fair.

Funny part was the drop from the seller in price... It was a whopping $900 LOL! So it's 59.1 now LOL!
Yeah you can get a 2021 under 45k with less miles and then buy FSD if you so choose but I wouldn't honestly FSD is not worth the 12k pricetag