Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adapter cables?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there, just took delivery of my Plaid. Drove home. Was thinking about my first road trip... began to look for the bag that contains a cable and adapters (to hook up to charging stations). I have owned three previous Teslas and this was always standard issue.

Unless I'm missing something, I can't find any such bag/cables/adapters.

Are these no longer standard-issue or did Tesla Tysons Corner VA just forget to include one for me?

--David

Thanks. That just does not make sense unless either that saves them lots of cost or they view the NEMA 14-50 adapters to be non-preferable.
My assumption is that they stopped including them as the Model 3 and Y ramped up and either 1) inventory could not keep up and so they were shipping a bunch after delivery (added costs) or 2) the stopped including them to start collecting for the production of them. Or some combination of the two.

• Helpful
Reactions: Droschke
I must say I was shocked that the car was delivered only with the 110 charger adapter, which is practically worthless. at the time of delivery, 14-50 adapters as well as the wall charger we’re sold out online. it Took a couple of days and a few extra bucks to procure them via eBay. I believe they should include one adapter of your choice in lieu of the one which now comes standard.