Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parts got missing after servicing at Tesla service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With just 23k miles, I got error message for the high voltage battery so I took the MY to the service center. Turned out to be it needs a full battery replacement and they completed the work 3 days later.

After picking up the Model Y and returned home, I found the mobile connector and the whole tool bag, which was originally placed in the trunk, was missing. Mine is the 2021 model year and at that time, those charging tools and cables came as standard equipment with the vehicle.

I immediately called the service center and they claimed no such tools and bag are found in their shop right now and they even asked me to prove the bag was in the car when I dropped it off for servicing (they thought I want to blackmail them?!).

Obviously, the mobile connector and the bag was took out by someone, during the vehicle's stay in the service center. And, the person who took it out did not return it. I hate to use the word "steal", but if someone knowing something did not belong to him, but he still took it, this is clearly an act of stealing.

In fact, although the service center fixed the battery issue, they broke some other things at the same time. So I am going to take the vehicle back in again, I will talk to them in person and see what is their alibi.

Really disappointed with the quality of the vehicle and also the way how their service center conducting business. By the way the Tesla service center is the Lake Forest, CA location, at 25471 Arctic Ocean Drive.

• Informative
Reactions: Scubamikey
With just 23k miles, I got error message for the high voltage battery so I took the MY to the service center. Turned out to be it needs a full battery replacement and they completed the work 3 days later.

After picking up the Model Y and returned home, I found the mobile connector and the whole tool bag, which was originally placed in the trunk, was missing. Mine is the 2021 model year and at that time, those charging tools and cables came as standard equipment with the vehicle.

I immediately called the service center and they claimed no such tools and bag are found in their shop right now and they even asked me to prove the bag was in the car when I dropped it off for servicing (they thought I want to blackmail them?!).

Obviously, the mobile connector and the bag was took out by someone, during the vehicle's stay in the service center. And, the person who took it out did not return it. I hate to use the word "steal", but if someone knowing something did not belong to him, but he still took it, this is clearly an act of stealing.

In fact, although the service center fixed the battery issue, they broke some other things at the same time. So I am going to take the vehicle back in again, I will talk to them in person and see what is their alibi.

Really disappointed with the quality of the vehicle and also the way how their service center conducting business. By the way the Tesla service center is the Lake Forest, CA location, at 25471 Arctic Ocean Drive.

I would not be surprised if that happened. While servicing, they may have to take your personal properties out to reach the components. It's easy to forget and mislocate your properties if they don't have a tracking method.

I guess this is a lesson that we need to take precautions:

1) take a picture of your properties
2) better yet, remove all your properties from your car.

a phone video when u drop off car at service........shows date, time, items in car. If U signed a work order, look for the fine print or service center sign "not responsible for theft, vehicles parked overnight".

Almost every dealership or repair center has these signs or on their work orders. To avoid lawsuits I am assuming but they should also have security cameras.

Another option is enabling (turning on) sentry mode, that may provide so proof to support your claim.

Other than that---removing everything before you drop it off or take your car to another service center.....but make sure you report it on yelp review.

I live 5 mins away from this service center and I refuse to bring my car there unless it's a mobile service. I brought my 2021 for the, "fix everything under 100 miles" and managed to damage interior trim while adjusting the tweeter and door handles. The techs at this service center aren't the brightest nor are they careful.

Reactions: aerodyne
There are two types of folks on the the forums. Those that claim the never had a problem with service, and those that say they have had a problem every time. I side with the latter.

Never accept a car with any defects you can't live with. Never take a car to service unless you have no other choice.

If using mobile, watch them like a hawk and make sure you have downloaded the SM and write down the steps on a white board prior.

I read about this type of response to issues more frequently than I would have expected. The least they should do is listen to the issue and investigate just a bit before denying that it’s there problem. I had a similar experience with a giant scratch on my front bumper at delivery. They said I must have scratched it, and asked if I had a photo of the scratch at delivery, but I t was dark when I picked it up, and I didn’t see it. I was told to make an appointment at the delivery center so they could see it and decide if they wanted to fix it. I polished it out myself. Tesla seems to prioritize any possible way to avoid cost or create profit opportunities, even if it needlessly reduces customer satisfaction. It seems to me that Tesla needs to either rethink some of their policies or teach their CS folks how to deal with questions/complaints better. I know it’s a cost issue (in this case $250 AT RETAIL), but but what is the cost of an angry customer

Reactions: aerodyne