Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusting Mirrors in Reverse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that would be an awesome smart car feature!

GPS isn’t that accurate, though. It would be tough to know which side of the street you’re on, in addition to knowing which side of the street you’re going to end up parking on. Some streets allow parking on either side, and many countries allow you to park on either side of the road facing whatever direction you like (England, for example).

I create a profile based on my regular profile with the only difference being the passenger mirror is tilted down. When I need to parallel park, I select this profile so I can better see the curb on the passenger side. Driver's side mirror position remains unchanged. I have autotilt disabled so I can safely see behind/beside me when backing out.

So much confusion for something so simple.

No, you CANNOT "pop into reverse, adjust driver side mirror, save profile" and then have it adjust the mirror to the same position the next time you drop it reverse.

I agree, it is nonsensical to tilt the driver side mirror. Just lean over and use your eyeballs. This "feature", along with the auto-dimming rear view mirrors at night needs to either go away or be selectable by the user.

Reactions: kysrsoze
Nope.

That works in the Model S. Not in the Model 3.

You can disable tilt, but you cannot adjust tilt angle, or tilt only the passenger side mirror (as on every other car sold in the USA with this feature). An egregious and unsafe decision by Tesla software programmers.
Yes, I feel that the driver’s side mirror tilts too far down when going in reverse, but there’s no way I can adjust it other than disabling it.