Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adventures in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Deep enough to be above the doorsills in the parking lot.

IMG_7887.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Unlike you, driving around New England is full of sanded roads, so my car gets all dirty:
IMG_3688 (1).jpeg

The good thing is this ski resort, Sunday River, where a walkup ticket costs $149, gives free charging in a convenient spot near the main lodge. The stairs are right there, so people were passing me, as I was booting up, and they were asking me all the usual questions about Teslas, which has become more rare over time.

If you ski, you know how bad parking can be, so I think more than a few people were thinking about how having a Tesla would make parking more convenient. Even if you can't charge because all the plugs are in use, you can park in the same lot, where normally, you'd have to park in a satellite lot and get shuttled over.

The other place I ski, Sugarloaf, also has Tesla charging right next to the main lift!
IMG_6760.jpeg

Haha, insane! I put in $20 worth of electrons yesterday, and since I have an Ikon Pass for skiing, which brings my average ticket down to $50, that makes skiing very affordable.

Last edited:
Reactions: pnwadventures
Unlike you, driving around New England is full of sanded roads, so my car gets all dirty:View attachment 907249
The good thing is this ski resort, Sunday River, where a walkup ticket costs $149, gives free charging in a convenient spot near the main lodge. The stairs are right there, so people were passing me, as I was booting up, and they were asking me all the usual questions about Teslas, which has become more rare over time.

If you ski, you know how bad parking can be, so I think more than a few people were thinking about how having a Tesla would make parking more convenient. Even if you can't charge because all the plugs are in use, you can park in the same lot, where normally, you'd have to park in a satellite lot and get shuttled over.

The other place I ski, Sugarloaf, also has Tesla charging right next to the main lift!
View attachment 907248
Haha, insane! I put in $20 worth of electrons yesterday, and since I have an Ikon Pass for skiing, which brings my average ticket down to $50, that makes skiing very affordable.
Here in Washington State, two of our major ski areas - Crystal Mountain and Summit at Snoqualmie - have added generous banks of EVSE stations over the last few seasons. The third major resort - Stevens Pass - has a small bank of aging and poorly-maintained charge points that cannot be relied upon, but hopefully they'll get with the program soon.

We don't see a lot of sanding here, and never salt, but the plowing is decent enough. I also enjoy the "usual questions" when people ask, as it's an opportunity to turn the misinformation on its head: "electric cars work in the snow? they work in the cold? they go far enough to reach the mountains?" etc etc. There are a lot less questions these days as battery electric vehicles are all over the place - even ski resorts - here in the west (west coast states' sales percentages roughly 1, 2, 3 in the nation - with DC technically taking #2 spot if counted as a state).