Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice - My model Y was hit by a car while a Tesla technician was servicing it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thoughts on how to address this.

A technician was scheduled to address an issue with the passenger seat. While working on the vehicle, another car hit mine, crushing the door (see photo).

No one was hurt, I have the insurance details of the driver, though I am curious about the liability and how to approach this with Tesla.

The vehicle was in their posession when this occurred, and am majorly inconvenienced by the whole situation.

They are providing a loaner for now, which I am on route to pick up at the dealership. I still have to go through collision reporting, and the insurance mess that is certain to follow.

Any direction on how to approach this is welcome. Thank you.
IMG_5704.jpeg

Good on Tesla for giving you a loaner. If Tesla's not at fault then I think you're saddled with the inconvenience of dealing with the insurance. The insurance company of the person who is at fault will need to pay for the repair. I don't think Tesla could usefully step into the middle of this even if they wanted to.

Total bummer. I'm glad everyone's okay.

Upvote 0
Good on Tesla for giving you a loaner. If Tesla's not at fault then I think you're saddled with the inconvenience of dealing with the insurance. The insurance company of the person who is at fault will need to pay for the repair. I don't think Tesla could usefully step into the middle of this even if they wanted to.

Total bummer. I'm glad everyone's okay.
Thank you for the reply, confirming my thoughts. Agreed that Tesla’s response is appropriate.

Reactions: BitJam
Upvote 0