Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! Tesla service center deployed the passenger airbags during a check up and they have had the car for about 2 months. I am posting this question to see if anyone else has had similar experience or is well-versed with the Tesla Policy.

Approximately 2 months ago I took my Model X Plaid 2022 to the service center as there was a notification light for the airbag. While in service their technician that was inspecting the car deployed both front curtain and 2nd row curtain air bags when the restraint control module was unplugged while it was powered on during routine service checks for an alert concerning air bag system. The curtain air bags along with the panels that sit in front of them were inadvertently damaged. Thus nothing wrong with the system but rather human error.

As this issue happened they originally had the car identified for completion 1 month ago. When reaching out checking in on the timeline of pick up they relayed parts were not in and they would "go ahead and move your estimated time of completion out to an arbitrary date. We'll notify you here when parts have arrived". Arbitrary date gives no context into completion and shows incompetence in parts shipping status, if maintenance does not know the timeline on parts how can an estimate of completion even be provided or how long will the vehicle be in the shop?

Ultimately I requested for some sort of compensation as I still do not have my vehicle, they have provided an older beaten up version of my vehicle basic specs and had to switch it out for the right seating arrangement. I really just want protection coverage on the vehicle as I am sure with airbags deploying other parts within the vehicle were affected that may not come to light until later e.g. seat damage, tech damage, sensor calibration. Ideally I would just like additional warranty or some coverage to their actions of deploying the airbags where if anything that could be considered issues due to a previous airbag deployment it would be covered. They relayed they could provide a credit for internet connectivity with a receipt for the time it was in the shop which I really don't want to accept as I feel that will be used as a justification that this scenario has been compensated and that would be probably $20 compared to the concerns of vehicle damage.

Does anyone have any experience when Tesla makes a mistake and damages the vehicle during their inspection? Any recommendations on what the best steps are?

Hi everyone! Tesla service center deployed the passenger airbags during a check up and they have had the car for about 2 months. I am posting this question to see if anyone else has had similar experience or is well-versed with the Tesla Policy.

Approximately 2 months ago I took my Model X Plaid 2022 to the service center as there was a notification light for the airbag. While in service their technician that was inspecting the car deployed both front curtain and 2nd row curtain air bags when the restraint control module was unplugged while it was powered on during routine service checks for an alert concerning air bag system. The curtain air bags along with the panels that sit in front of them were inadvertently damaged. Thus nothing wrong with the system but rather human error.

As this issue happened they originally had the car identified for completion 1 month ago. When reaching out checking in on the timeline of pick up they relayed parts were not in and they would "go ahead and move your estimated time of completion out to an arbitrary date. We'll notify you here when parts have arrived". Arbitrary date gives no context into completion and shows incompetence in parts shipping status, if maintenance does not know the timeline on parts how can an estimate of completion even be provided or how long will the vehicle be in the shop?

Ultimately I requested for some sort of compensation as I still do not have my vehicle, they have provided an older beaten up version of my vehicle basic specs and had to switch it out for the right seating arrangement. I really just want protection coverage on the vehicle as I am sure with airbags deploying other parts within the vehicle were affected that may not come to light until later e.g. seat damage, tech damage, sensor calibration. Ideally I would just like additional warranty or some coverage to their actions of deploying the airbags where if anything that could be considered issues due to a previous airbag deployment it would be covered. They relayed they could provide a credit for internet connectivity with a receipt for the time it was in the shop which I really don't want to accept as I feel that will be used as a justification that this scenario has been compensated and that would be probably $20 compared to the concerns of vehicle damage.

Does anyone have any experience when Tesla makes a mistake and damages the vehicle during their inspection? Any recommendations on what the best steps are?
Hi. I had the same issue. They deployed the airbags to my model Y which then took 4 weeks to fix. They offered £180 of vouchers towards merchandise. Kind of pointless really!

Upvote 0
Oh this is awful! I can't believe they aren't customer prioritized. You already spent your money so they don't care to expedite? I understand they are behind on deliveries and perhaps the parts you needed are already spoken for in cars that others are waiting for, but you've already paid for your car, this is really an abomination. SO disappointing.

Upvote 0