Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice: Price Check: $79k '17 Model X 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this a good price?

Is the Premium Interior Package the same as PUP / Premium Upgrade Package?

Any suggestions will be appreciated! Could be my first Tesla...

Private Party Seller
33k miles
No Accidents

MIDNIGHT SILVER METALLIC PAINT22" CARBON TURBINE WHEELS
ALL BLACK INTERIOR BLACK LEATHER SEATS FIGURED
ASH WOOD DECOR BLACK HEADLINER
SIX SEAT INTERIOR
SUPERCHARGE ENABLED
ENHANCED AUTPO PILOT
FULL SELF DRIVING CAPABILITY
72 AMP CHARGER UPGRADE
SMART AIR SUSPENSION
PREMIUM INTERIOR PACKAGE
ULTRA HIGH FIDELITY SOUND
SUBZERO WEATHER PACKAGE
TOW PACKAGE

"Is the Premium Interior Package the same as PUP / Premium Upgrade Package?"

I think they might be different, it might refer to the leather seats vs multi pattern material. You might want to ask if it has the self presenting door feature - this was part of the PUP package on my 2017 X.

I think what a lot of you do not think about when you see "good deals" on Tesla is the damage the car has or had. Most, not all good deals or low priced cars have repaired body damage or curb rash etc....

So when you see what you think is a good deal on Tesla you need to really research the car before you hit the buy button and dont get overly excited, there will always be deals for sale.

Reactions: EV-CPO
Thanks for the responses and insights!!

What is this ghosting you're referring to? When was that issue resolved?
Only concern would be possibly a windshield with ghosting which is really annoying.

For $80K, I'd spend a little more and get a 100D or spend less and get a 2016 90D

Why do you recommend the AP2.5 vs 2.0? I definitely want 2.0 vs 1.0, but I was under the impression that as long as I got 2.0, I was good for self-driving... & how would you value the free super charging vs getting the '18?
Decent price but Id push for closer to 75k. According to https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/ price history, most MX 90D AP2.0 with same options sold in the 80k range. Personally I would hold out, you can find a '18 100D with same options, much less miles and AP2.5 for around $85-86 with a little bit of patience.
EXAMPLE

Thanks for the responses and insights!!
Why do you recommend the AP2.5 vs 2.0? I definitely want 2.0 vs 1.0, but I was under the impression that as long as I got 2.0, I was good for self-driving... & how would you value the free super charging vs getting the '18?
AP 2.0 will never be able to do full self driving. Only 2.5 and 3.0 are FSD capable. It adds about 4-5k in value.

AP 2.0 will never be able to do full self driving. Only 2.5 and 3.0 are FSD capable. It adds about 4-5k in value.

That's not true Elon restated just the other day that 2016 AP2.0 and up will be FSD capable.

For Model X.

2016 AP1 90Ds are going for the low to mid 60k range.

2016 AP1 P90Ds are going in the high 60s to mid 70s range.

2016-2017 AP2.0 90Ds with are going in the high 60s to mid 70s.

100Ds are in the 80k+ range depending on year and miles.

• Informative
Reactions: Billstickers
That's not true Elon restated just the other day that 2016 AP2.0 and up will be FSD capable.

For Model X.

2016 AP1 90Ds are going for the low to mid 60k range.

2016 AP1 P90Ds are going in the high 60s to mid 70s range.

100Ds are in the 80k+ range depending on year and miles.
Elon stated that any 2016 model that purchased FSD Will be retrofitted to 3.0 for free. If a 2.0 car never purchased FSD, then it will never get FSD.

Elon stated that any 2016 model that purchased FSD Will be retrofitted to 3.0 for free. If a 2.0 car never purchased FSD, then it will never get FSD.

Did they take away the ability to purchase FSD on the 2.0 cars already? I thought that would have been big news. They are still selling 2016 models with FSD through the CPO program if the retrofit was going to cost too much you would expect them to stop doing that.

Did they take away the ability to purchase FSD on the 2.0 cars already? I thought that would have been big news. They are still selling 2016 models with FSD through the CPO program if the retrofit was going to cost too much you would expect them to stop doing that.
No one has any idea what the retrofit will cost, only that AP2.0 can never do FSD.

Thanks everyone!

My understanding WAS that ANY 2.0 could be retrofitted...

This car had pre-purchased the FSD... so shouldn't be any concerns that it can't be fully upgraded once its released... right?

I am definitely in the camp that feels that purchasing a car now without FSD capabilities is not a good idea.

^^^ where??? any similar to the one I mentioned above, with the premium upgrades and features?