Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to receive a used MX 2018 Long Range - experiences about the real range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went for a journey today.
275 km of highway only, round trip, for a total of about 550 km.
Started 100%.
Had to supercharge two times for 40 + 29 kw, arriving at home with 12% left.
So, I consumed 70+88 kw for 550 km, that is pour 3.5km per kw, assuming that the battery erogates the original 100 kw?

I meant, how did you like your new vehicle?

I'll let other comment on your 3.5 km per kw being good. My driving is typically city so my numbers wouldn't be good for comparison. Temp, elevation, and wind direction will all affect that.

You should also check the condition of your tires, especially the inner edges of the rears.

I meant, how did you like your new vehicle?

I'll let other comment on your 3.5 km per kw being good. My driving is typically city so my numbers wouldn't be good for comparison. Temp, elevation, and wind direction will all affect that.

You should also check the condition of your tires, especially the inner edges of the rears.

Overall, the experience was super.
It has the old HW2.5 and MCU1 (but I've planned the upgrade to HW3 and MCU2 in 10 days, CHF 2'000) and I've been missing the new software cool stuff (vision parking, recognition of signals and lights in the view, etc. etc.).

Driving is somehow like driving a minibus at the beginning, but still I felt quite well and no noise at all ... it is a 6-years old (MX 03.2018) but with only 53'000 km, so it seems like new inside ... no scratches, nothing seems to have been used ... just except the steering.

Incredible experience opening the falcon wings door .... everyone walking around stops and has a look at them ...
Nice to have all that premium upgrade stuff ... door automatic opening, super audio system, leather everywhere.

The 7 seats are very comfortable, the back 2 in the 3rd row are not just "emergency seats" ... they are full sized and top.

Very nice the big transparent roof ahead ... you don't have the classical cover on top of your head ... just glass.

After having driven more than 500 km in one day I was almost not fatigued at all.
I can say that this is a luxurious car, in all details.

Overall, the experience was super.
It has the old HW2.5 and MCU1 (but I've planned the upgrade to HW3 and MCU2 in 10 days, CHF 2'000) and I've been missing the new software cool stuff (vision parking, recognition of signals and lights in the view, etc. etc.).

Driving is somehow like driving a minibus at the beginning, but still I felt quite well and no noise at all ... it is a 6-years old (MX 03.2018) but with only 53'000 km, so it seems like new inside ... no scratches, nothing seems to have been used ... just except the steering.

Incredible experience opening the falcon wings door .... everyone walking around stops and has a look at them ...
Nice to have all that premium upgrade stuff ... door automatic opening, super audio system, leather everywhere.

The 7 seats are very comfortable, the back 2 in the 3rd row are not just "emergency seats" ... they are full sized and top.

Very nice the big transparent roof ahead ... you don't have the classical cover on top of your head ... just glass.

After having driven more than 500 km in one day I was almost not fatigued at all.
I can say that this is a luxurious car, in all details.

Glad you hear you got a good one and you enjoy it.

Some more feedback regarding the effective range after having driven about 700-800 km.
The 100% states about 440 km (vs 567 km out of the marketing at day-1 of the car's life).
So, basically, 4 km per kW is the consumption.
Charging seem to waste about 8% (used 38 kW, loaded 35 kW, with 92% efficiency).
Not sure if this means that the battery loads 90% only when it states 100% and the real consumption then is 4.5 km per kW.