Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advise needed on deciding between CPO model s and mr 3

which is a better option?

• New MR Model 3

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • CPO 2014 Model S

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had almost exactly the same question.
Ended up with Model 3
It suited me better.
One of things I noticed though is that in EV world time moves faster.
With ICE each year brings not much more than trim or color changes.
The tech difference between S/X and 3 is amazing.
S/X has Elon’s bells and whistles but is old everywhere else.
Model 3 has latest MCU, latest AC, latest everything. The more people dig into it, the more they are amazed by what they find.
Suspension ahead of the competition, drive units desgned to be bomb proof. The list goes on.
I love the S/X but they are the time equivalent of the V1 Roadster.
All new Tesla’s will be based on Model 3 tech. Can’t wait to see the S/X refresh, it’s likely to be staggering.

Rear facing seats?

Unfortunately it doesn’t. It’s the CPO that I was going to buy. If someone is interested maybe I can transfer it to someone else. It’s located in Denver, CO

All new Tesla’s will be based on Model 3 tech. Can’t wait to see the S/X refresh, it’s likely to be staggering.

Yes, the new tech and hardware is great. I love the auto park and summoning which would have been somewhat possible on AP1 but it wouldn’t have been as smooth with 1 camera as it is with 8 cameras. The guy at the service center also said that even though ap1 is still getting all the updates, it’s hitting the ceiling on how much it can do. The newer ap one has barely gotten started.

What swayed me completely is that the even though 3 is smaller the interior space is almost exactly the same as the s. I will miss the lighted handles on the s though! But that’s why I am almost certain I’ll upgrade to a new s in the upcoming years!

can you give me a little more insight into why you love your s? what can i look forward to?
We have 2017 S100D and 2018 P3D-. I prefer the S for road trips - smooth ride with longer wheelbase and Smart Air Suspension, more interior room and cargo space. FWIW - this car is a people-magnet. Wife and daughter both report men are drawn to them when they park the S.

The 3 is great in town - easier to park, fewer blind spots, fun to toss around curves. Also better interior storage spaces. Blends in - with other sedans.

Both cars have roughly equivalent range - not quite enough to get from Philadelphia to Boston without a bathroom/Supercharger stop.

HUUGE cargo space. The S is my only car, I put a giant tarp with bench down and carried 50 bags of mini lava rock last summer. I can load all 4 wheels with tires, I can carry flowers, furniture. For everything else wifey's Odyssey, no I don't have a Diesel truck with hitch nuts although we live in God's country.

However, once kids leave home I will be trading down for a Model 3, cleaner death on rear impact by narcoleptic tractor trailer driver;)

Reactions: gt2690b