TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

After 5 years of reading TMC, I finally joined

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by steve3, Apr 17, 2016.

1. steve3

steve3 Member

I ever-so-willingly caught the Tesla bug after the Wired article on Elon and Tesla came out in 2010, and have been reading TMC ever since, at times avidly. Even though I didn't have funds to invest, I've been invested inwardly and silently. The adventures of Musk Industries and the sometimes-dizzying journey of TSLA are fascinating, as is the challenge of interpreting what is witnessed. In that regard, I gratefully acknowledge the appreciable insights shared by all TMC members, and in particular DaveT, Bonnie, Techmaven, FluxCap, TSLAopt, the one and only Julian - who paints intriguing landscapes exposing previously unimagined (by me) frontiers; and I miss Capital Oppressor.

I really enjoyed being with hundreds of Model 3 enthusiasts for 4 hours in line outside the Park Meadows Mall on a Rocky Mountain spring morning (freezing temps and snow :rolleyes:) to reserve three Model 3s...one for a sister in NC, another for a nephew near Atlanta. No, I didn't bribe my sales rep...since we were all allowed only 2 reservations at the store, I placed mine online that evening.

I joined so I wouldn't be an unknown "guest" statistic anymore. Hey, I have a Tesla reserved now! Hello everybody.

• Like x 3
  2. TSLAopt

TSLAopt Active Member

Welcome to registering as a member of TMC! It's a great community to crowdsource info from as you already know and looking forward to you becoming part of that crowdsourcing effort

3. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Welcome, @steve3. I'm sure you already know how great this community is, having been lurking for so long. Glad to have you contributing as well.

4. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

welcome to your exercise in patience :)
    Although if you've been lurking for 5 years you already know that !

5. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Welcome, steve3! Four hours in freezing snow? You're a better man than I am! I waited less than three hours and I had to wear sunscreen and a hat. ;)

6. steve3

steve3 Member

Thanks for the welcomes. I don't seem to be able to edit a post. Is that a capability that is enabled after a certain number of posts, as I'm not seeing an edit button anywhere?