Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket side moldings for doors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was parked in a parking lot and somebody next to me opened his door and a high speed wind slammed his door onto my Model 3 left rear door causing a small but annoying ding. No big deal and his insurance already took care of it and costs a whopping $1500 to fix a tiny ding. The ding is located at the raised upper part of the door and cannot easily be popped out because the raised part is the strongest part of the door.

To prevent from this to happen again, I'm looking to purchase side moldings but none of them covers the upper raised part of the door. The ones I found are below the raised part of the door and do not seem to protect the doors well enough. This is the best I could find:

Thanks,
Peter

Reactions: UoMDeacon
Just place your moldings higher, closer to the raised part that you want to protect.
I did the same with my model x, i placed the moldings way higher than where the instructions said to fit them, they are closest to the outermost part of the doors and they still look decent enough
11113.jpg

11112.jpg

Reactions: UoMDeacon