Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Sway Bars - Front Endlink Failure - '20MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed Redwood Motorsports sway bars in May for my 2020 Model Y. One of my front OEM endlinks failed in about 3 months after. I just put in 2 new OEM endlinks and those failed in a week!

My installer says aftermarket endlinks they've seen 100% failure so I was trying to avoid putting them. It seems like my only options now are to add the aftermarket endlinks or go back to stock sway bars and endlinks.

Anyone have experience or recommendation on which front endlinks to go with and if there is any increased NVH?

Crazy question - are your front dampers installed properly? I have the dampers installed backward and it will put a lot of load through the end links. Feel free to post photos of the front suspension or email us at info@mountainpassperformance and I will do my best to help!

- Jesse

I've had your MPP Coilovers for about 35k miles so far, installed by Parts3xpress.
Good information, that would mean it is highly unlikely that there is an issue with the coilover installation. There is a LF and RF part number for the end links, can we confirm that they were on the correct sides?

FRONT STABILIZER LINK ASSEMBLY- LEFT HAND
1188391-00-B

FRONT STABILIZER LINK ASSEMBLY- RIGHT HAND

1188396-00-B

Good information, that would mean it is highly unlikely that there is an issue with the coilover installation. There is a LF and RF part number for the end links, can we confirm that they were on the correct sides?

FRONT STABILIZER LINK ASSEMBLY- LEFT HAND
1188391-00-B

FRONT STABILIZER LINK ASSEMBLY- RIGHT HAND

1188396-00-B
First of all I just want to say, my endlinks didn't fail after all. I don't know what my wife was panicking about, the car was perfectly fine when I drove it. So that was very embarassing.
Secondly, I really want to thank @MountainPass and Parts3xpress for the help and checking the car anyways, I get all my services and upgrades at Parts3xpress and now with their upgraded facility it was even easier to get my car up on the lift to check for any issues. My MPP Coilovers are still running solid for the past 35k miles and the FLCAB's are still going on strong.