Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AI News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1699888177144.png

So Larry Summers to the OpenAI board? What's more humorous? that the board of openai wanted to fire the gadfly, sam altman that really doesn't do anything (which is brilliant), for running a TOO successful company? Or that after the board fires itself that Larry, I HAVE NEVER BEEN RIGHT ABOUT F ALL, Summers goes to the board? Which is simply another way of killing the company.

He is an unrepentant fraudster. I've been following his destruction for 3 decades. Fraudster. Never right, and if by coincidence something happens that he was concerned about...it is for very different reasons than those he espoused. OpenAI should run with all haste from this idiot.

Gemini advanced was released yesterday. I asked questions of gpt-4 and gemini. In my mostly product related questions, gemini was better at 75% of queries. For a different set of queries the results may differ substantially. Neither one was good at generating a logo for Denken. Gemini advanced is free for a couple of months if you sign up, so I recommend it. Try using for what you would normally use google search for. I think you will find the results are much better. Gemini only does English for now and images in the U.S. I think. Hopefully it will get un-nerfed soon. Example of product question I asked: What is a good api for voice cloning?
I think if you sign up for a free 3 month google one plan before, you will get an extra free month. If you do this let us know what happens.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JB47394
Apple cancels plans for electric car, code name Titan. Apple shifts focus to A.I. There was noise for several years about apple working on self driving.

• Informative
Reactions: kabin and JB47394
Apple cancels plans for electric car, code name Titan. Apple shifts focus to A.I. There was noise for several years about apple working on self driving.

Scary it took this long to drop the EV effort given the long list of nonprofitable EV auto makers - Lucid, Rivian, Nikola, Faraday Future, Lordstown, Fisker, Polestar, Vinfast, Nio, Aptera, Arcimoto, ...

A.I. is only as good as the person programming it.
I don't believe there is much programming in the core of A.I. It programs itself by mimicking the data it has been fed. Somewhat programmed by English prompts.
When will A.I. be able communicate with Inflection and emotion exactly like a Human? Even the Tesla Robot can't function without a Human controlling it.
Can do that know. Have you played with chatgpt 4? Tell it talk like a pirate? Ask it to respond with inflection and or emotion and it will.

If you can't beat them, then buy them.
Apple is looking to license Google’s AI tech to introduce AI-powered features with iOS updates later this year. Additionally, the company also held discussions with OpenAI to potentially use GPT models, Bloomberg said.

Last edited:
In 2017 Google published The Transformer architecture paper Attention is All you Need, which kick started much of the AI revolution including GPT, FSD, Generative AI that we all use today. They are back at it again with another paper for a new architecture called Griffin, which they claim outperforms transformer architecture.

Griffin: Mixing Gated Linear Recurrences with Local Attention for Efficient Language Models

triygw613htc1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394 and DanCar