Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Airbag won't release on Hansshow (yoke) wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dumars

Jun 23, 2022
CO
I recently purchased a Hansshow yoke steering wheel for my 2022 M3P. The removal of the old wheel went great as well as the install of the yoke including transferring the heated steering assembly to the yoke. The problem is that the installed yoke is rubbing against the steering column and makes a rubbing noise every time that I turn the wheel. I tried to remove and reinstall the yoke but I cant get the darn airbag to release. I'm aware of the spring mechanism that releases the airbag (the old one released easily in seconds on the OEM wheel) but after hours of trying to disengage the airbag using different size Allen wrenches and screwdrivers I cannot for the life of me locate the removal clip and can only make contact with the clip slightly above that is part of the heated wheel assembly. Any ideas? The manufacturer has not been able to locate a solution yet.

I recently purchased a Hansshow yoke steering wheel for my 2022 M3P. The removal of the old wheel went great as well as the install of the yoke including transferring the heated steering assembly to the yoke. The problem is that the installed yoke is rubbing against the steering column and makes a rubbing noise every time that I turn the wheel. I tried to remove and reinstall the yoke but I cant get the darn airbag to release. I'm aware of the spring mechanism that releases the airbag (the old one released easily in seconds on the OEM wheel) but after hours of trying to disengage the airbag using different size Allen wrenches and screwdrivers I cannot for the life of me locate the removal clip and can only make contact with the clip slightly above that is part of the heated wheel assembly. Any ideas? The manufacturer has not been able to locate a solution yet.
I’m in the same boat, were you ever able to resolve this?