Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AliBaba Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. I haven’t ordered anything from AliBaba.com and am curious about the process. Some say I can purchase 1 unit while others say 5. For ones with experience, how secure is the website?

I've used Alibaba and AliExpress a few times. No problems at all with very good pricing. Delivery can take awhile, it's coming directly from China. Alibaba is targeted at wholesale buyers, AliExpress at retail buyers, that's what I've observed.

Reactions: 6H057
Yeah, I’ve done a few orders on AliExpress. They were for some LoRaWAN devices (think Arduino with built in GPS, WiFi, radio transceiver). Largest qty of a single item was 10. Relatively fast delivery on a slow boat from China. I think most took 3-4 weeks, which is fine for less than $10 in shipping from China. Today, I just paid the USPS $4.50 to ship a 2 ounce padded envelope across town.

Be aware of the long shipping times and don’t expect the world. If you buy an iPad for $20 on AliExpress, you’re not getting an iPad. You’re getting something that is definitely not an iPad.

The only problem I had is that Aliexpress will not refund fraudulent orders. DHGate on the other hand refunded me fully while letting me keep the bait and switch item (quartz watch sent in lieu of automatic as ordered).

Reactions: 6H057
The only problem I had is that Aliexpress will not refund fraudulent orders. DHGate on the other hand refunded me fully while letting me keep the bait and switch item (quartz watch sent in lieu of automatic as ordered).
Good to know. I haven’t ordered since the price was great but the shipping was way too high….