Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

AliExpress Gemini wheel cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like these Gemini wheel covers from AliExpress.

MicrosoftTeams-image (5).jpg

I had the same one for the winter set up. Do you find it very difficult to take it off and it's not possible to check the tyre pressure with the cap on?

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone. I actually had one of my finger cut when trying to pull it off, not aware that the edge was so sharp :)

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone. I actually had one of my finger cut when trying to pull it off, not aware that the edge was so sharp :)
I have ordered similar covers from Birmingham (UK) Tessories.
I have been running with naked shiny Gems since July. I thought the covers would be fun for ringing the changes.
They are matt so I might convert them to shiny.
Pictures of covers and fitting injuries when they arrive.

I have ordered similar covers from Birmingham (UK) Tessories.
I have been running with naked shiny Gems since July. I thought the covers would be fun for ringing the changes.
They are matt so I might convert them to shiny.
Pictures of covers and fitting injuries when they arrive.
They have arrived! I'm not surr I like the look of them. I will pop one on when the weather improves.
I will need to tape the alloy spokes where the covers clip on to avoid scratching the paint.
I have now seen some on Youtube which have an all plastic clip around two spokes at a time. They also look better.
Too late!🙁

Do you have a picture of the covers on the car?
Sure. We got our car a few months ago, so they're installed now.
I like that these come in matching pairs (mirror-imaged). So the left and right sides spin the correct way, unlike most wheels/covers.

Attachments

• 20230516_081351.jpg
    20230516_081351.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 20230405_211518.jpg
    20230405_211518.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I'd be suspicious of range increase over stock Aero Covers. If there was a measurable difference, wouldn't Tesla run huge CFD simulations and easily get to that same outcome. The Geminis are pretty ugly imo, so it's not like they chose form over function.

Airflow and turbulence through a wheel is known to reduce efficiency, so an aero cover with a flat surface helps. I've seen aftermarket aero covers that look too much like wheels with holes and individual spokes instead of eg. the Model 3 Aero Covers. But apart from that, differences in efficiency are minimal.

My aftermarket aero covers definitely increase range vs having no covers. But I get the same range as stock ones.