Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment gurus needed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lowering links installed recently.
Went in for an alignment and was informed of the dreaded inner tire wear.
Had the alignment done already but an unsure if the links caused the tire wear or if it's typical wear.
Attached are the specs from the alignment.
Wondering if I should go back to stock links or leave it as is or install an aftemaafter camber kit .
Car looks great but not worth it for me to have to replace tires every couple months (100 miles per day)
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190415_135511.jpg
    IMG_20190415_135511.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 101
Well... you are within spec but at the limit on rear camber. My alignment yielded -1.6, -1.5 rear camber with a little more toe at 0.23 and 0.22. Since your front camber is pretty good make sure you rotate the tires (a lot). You can also go up a few lbs in air pressure on the rears. But as you surmise if you are at the limit of camber with the lowering links then you'll need some other way to reduce camber.

If the alignment computer shows acceptable readings (all green) I would drive the car sensibly and watch tire wear. Our dual motor Tesla shows very little tire wear and no tire rotation required. If you are running soft rubber performance tires you may have excess wear.

Consider keeping the low look and buy extra wheels/tires for show car days but run touring tires for daily computing.

Get one of the rear camber adjustment solutions if your running the lowering links, its the only way to prevent the premature wear especially if your aggressive in the lowering like I was....I think there are bushings available or replacing one of the rear supports with a machined version that is adjustable to allow the ability to adjust the camber further.

I'm experiencing excessive wear on the inner side of all 4 winter wheels. (TMS 100D). I recently did 60.000 km inspection in Tesla Service Center stating that all alignment is OK. Am I missing something here or did Tesla fail to check the alignment at all?

2019-04-24 16.25.24.jpg

Alignment can be ok per Tesla specs, but still result in wear due to the aggressive nature of the camber they from the factory. There are numerous threads on the subject, though I will say that some do not have issues with factory settings while others do...no one that I'm aware of has found the reasoning. If you run at the low setting you'll wear faster than say standard setting, that may explain it IF you run the lower setting.

• Informative
Reactions: Jan Fiala