Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Model S Mods Go Here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lx3h, why would the front lighted T not be legal in HK? Various Toyotas and Lexus have a glowing blue emblem on the front - key difference is color. Both color and brightness would be adjustable. I've also seen a variety of makes with aftermarket lit emblems.

Very interested if there is a specific regulation or spec on this at TD.

Hello, just wondering if there is consensus out there as to which rim protector is the best one for the tesla model s? i see there are quite a few brands, alloy gator, wheel bands, rimblades, rimbands, etc.
Anyone of these available in hk? sonny, which one did you use? I need one that is available in silver.
thanks in advance.

I am using the one available on Taobao
KABISÂÖì±×°ÊηÀ»¤È¦ÆðÑǰµϷáÌï±¾Ìï´óÖÚ¸£ÌØ ÂÖì±±£»¤È¦ пî-ÌÔ±¦Íø

This seller also sells protector like Alloygator which required more tools and steps to install (or installed by a shop). In the above link, "
老款INTOOR款" are protector like Alloygator.

Me and Alipapa installed
" 新款LF款" which doesn't required special tools to install, works like sticker to the rims. Of course ours don't stick to the rims and good as Alloygator, but they should protect the rim from at least 1 scratch. If it scratched, we just stick another one. On the other hand, If Alloygator scratched, it is harder to remove.

I ordered one of these:

Tesla Model S Seat Belt Extender

seatbeltextender.jpg

(the rigid 7" black for 2nd row window seat)

Goal is to fit alongside a child booster seat to make it easier for the little guy to buckle and unbuckle himself.

Shipping is free to Hong Kong. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

After two failure on the left rear wheel, i guess the key is to let the primer to dry before applying the rubber.

The videos for RimGuard show how to install these, and very different than I did:

1) Wash the wheels throughly
2) Dry them thoroughly (and heat up with hair dryer if necessary)
3) Clean with alcohol wipe
4) Prime with the adhesive primer (leaves a glossy residue)
5) Wait 5 minutes for primer to set
6) Put on the rim protector strip
7) Push down thoroughly on the rim protector strip

The videos show it with the wheel off the car and laying flat, which makes things a hell of a lot easier but is a hassle.

Some updates on protective wraps in HK research.

I inspected 3 places that do protective wraps. All estimates are for the full car wrap.

Impressive Wrap does both Suntek and Xpel Ultimate. Suntek quote is $36k-$40k range, Xpel Ultimate is in the $55-$60k range. They do not do paint correction prior to wrapping. Impressive Wrap also wraps cars in many colors. The usual array of Lambos, Ferraris, BMWs and Astons were being wrapped when I inspected their place in Tseun Wan. If you want a combination of color and protective wrap this location is the only one that I found that does both.

DCCStoryHK uses Xpel Ultimate. Xpel Ultimate is in the $35k-$40k range depending on degree of paint correction required. Almost all cars, even new ones, require some degree of paint correction. They are located at the opposite corner of the same building as the Tesla Service center in Tseun Wan.

EDP uses Xpel Ultimate. Partial wraps are $60k, full wrap approximately $80k. They do not do paint correction beforehand. They are located in Wan Chai. See my previous post on EDP for additional details.

All locations are pretty busy so booking in advance is necessary. I will be taking my car direct from the delivery center to get wrapped.

Please share any other locations or experiences with this service here in HK.