Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alloy touch up pen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have news!

Had an email exchange with Tesla earlier this week and they say there is a touch up pen/kit coming for alloys. Pasted here and edited for length, etc.

Essentially, it's likely to be weeks but something is coming!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning Ryan,

Unfortunately, there is no mark-up on the price yet. I’ve e-mailed the relevant department this morning for more information! (Cost, availability, etc).

We will be in touch once we get a reply.

Kind Regards

Order Parts UK
You can now schedule, edit or cancel a Service appointment using your mobile app. To do so, select ‘Schedule Service’ in your Tesla mobile app.

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 19:57
To: OrderPartsUK <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Model 3 Performance Alloy Wheel paint touch up pen

Hi,

Thanks very much for the info. So I presume that I will receive an email when the appropriate part is available? Do you have any indication of cost yet or is it too early to say?

Thanks

Ryan

Sent: 22 June 2020 19:55

Hi Ryan,

I think we’re looking towards weeks rather than days. I will hopefully get some more information over the next few days,

Kind Regards

OrderParts UK

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 19:47

Hi

Really appreciate the speedy response.

Do you have any timescales for the release? Are we talking days and weeks or is it not yet scheduled?

Thanks

Ryan

Sent: 22 June 2020 19:44

Ryan,

Please ignore the last e-mail for the time being. We’ve stumbled across a potential touch-up pen release, however, we need to get some more information first.

We will be back in touch either way. Sorry to mess you about.

Kind Regards

Order Parts UK

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 19:35

Good Afternoon Ryan,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately, we do not have the colour code for any wheels we have on all of our Tesla vehicles, which also answers the 2nd question that we also do not supply any paint repairs kits or touch-up pens for it.

However, I have provided a link to a list of Tesla Approved Body Shops, who may be able to help…

Body Shop Support

We apologise for the negative response in answers and we wish you the best of luck in obtaining the paint to fix your wheels.

Kind Regards

Order Parts UK

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 12:38
Subject: Model 3 Performance Alloy Wheel paint touch up pen

Hello,

I am hoping you can assist me. I have scratched one of my wheels and I’d like to repair it with touch up paint. Can you answer the following questions or point me in the right direction please?

Can you confirm the colour of the wheels on my model please?

Can you confirm if Tesla sell a paint pen that matches the colour?

If not, are you able to tell me where I can source a repair kit with the appropriate colour match please?

Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: davidmc and Durzel
Thanks for updating.

Unfortunately "weeks" in Tesla time might as well be months. It has been several weeks since frunk hooks were apparently supposed to be added to buy on the parts store, but there's still no sign of them (I'm aware of where you can get them on Aliexpress etc, I bought a set from there).

I don't really understand why there seems to be no info on what the paint code is. Someone must know, since they're making up the paint to spray the wheels with. It's like the recipe for Coca Cola or something.

Thanks for updating.

Unfortunately "weeks" in Tesla time might as well be months. It has been several weeks since frunk hooks were apparently supposed to be added to buy on the parts store, but there's still no sign of them (I'm aware of where you can get them on Aliexpress etc, I bought a set from there).

I don't really understand why there seems to be no info on what the paint code is. Someone must know, since they're making up the paint to spray the wheels with. It's like the recipe for Coca Cola or something.

Yeh, agreed. It's not hard. I'm just wanting to make sure my alloys don't get exposed to too much more damage by them not being fixed asap.