Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazon Echo Auto to the rescue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I'm the OP, I finally got mine, and it does work pretty well. Since my wife's car's sirius account now includes streaming, all I had to do is hook that account up to the alexa app and I can listen to all my sirius radio stations with my voice. It lacks the ability to quickly "channel surf" since it's all voice controlled, but I'm happy. I'm also able to get spotify to work, although I guess the spotify API doesn't expose the daily mixes which is like 90% of what I listen to with spotify, so I can't play those playlists.

Overall, I'm happy with it

• Informative
Reactions: efusco
Just saw the announcement for the amazon echo auto, it's a device that connects to your phone and to the bluetooth in your car to allow you to use alexa on the go in the car. One of the reasons I'm reluctant to use my phone for spotify or sirius streaming is because I don't want to be fumbling with my phone while driving. Using Alexa to change stations or stream albums from spotify would be way better than using the phone. Check the link for more information.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...62b-4f81-b307-070f98ee5a96&pf_rd_i=9818047011
I've had it in my 3 for about 1 month. It is great... it doesn't have any issues like the RoavViva with Alexa I had before. I even have it in my center console and it still works. Haven't wired it to the dash yet.