Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazon Echo Auto - Sirius XM

skierrob

Dec 7, 2019
Long Beach, CA
Got an Amazon Echo Auto a few days ago. Put it in the center console of my Tesla Model 3 connected to the cigarette lighter connector. Have been using it to stream Sirius XM via the phone. SO much better than trying to grab and unlock my phone every time I want to start Sirius XM or change stations! Now all I have to do is say "Alexa - play Hits One on Sirius XM" and it starts playing!

Much safer and easier to use. And it works just fine in the center console. No need to put it anywhere visible.

I would rather have Sirius XM built into the car, but if I can't get that then this is a close second option.

golferguy

Jan 30, 2021
SE Florida
Since Echo uses BT to connect to the car, does the car also support the BT connection simultaneously via the phone? So calls and texts still come through from the phone while Echo is playing SXM?

bourgain

Mar 11, 2021
Lutherville, MD
Since Echo uses BT to connect to the car, does the car also support the BT connection simultaneously via the phone? So calls and texts still come through from the phone while Echo is playing SXM?
Both calls and texts function as if there were no Echo. So, for instance, you answer incoming calls using the car (and listen through car speakers)...

Reactions: golferguy

skierrob

Dec 7, 2019
Long Beach, CA
The audio for the Echo routes through your phone. So you don't add the Echo as a new bluetooth device in the car. Therefore, you don't have the issues of having two bluetooth devices active at once. You just need the Alexa app installed on your phone to make it work.

Dtt255

Jul 20, 2021
Ca
Ok can you please explain how you change channels with the echo in the center console? Thanks

UPDATE:
I just reread your post. So it's audible commends. It hears you through the console and everything, without issue?

I don't have an echo so I am sort of lost of how it streams the sirius. Can you give any insight? Do I need to have a subscription with amazon or anything?

Thanks

Mr. Big

Oct 23, 2019
SoCal
I 3D printed a center console tray with a place to put the Echo. Yes, it will hear your voice even with the lid closed but there are times when there's lots of road noise where it may not hear you so you might have to speak a bit louder.

IMG_0926.jpg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC