Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amounts Changing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It shouldn't be normal but it is. I had requested my paperwork with the down payment number I wanted to put down about five times in the weeks leading up to delivery. I was assured that the paperwork would be correct. Naturally - it was not. It took an additional 45 minutes of sitting around the service center to have new paperwork drafted. Tesla doesn't have a traditional business center and all contracts are apparently created in California and then emailed to delivery areas.

Suggesting that I either take a higher loan and get mailed a cheque in 2-3 weeks or wait around for hour isn't the best experience day one.

I would try and chase your 'Delivery Advisor".

....I would try and chase your 'Delivery Advisor".

Hmm... that would be nice, if we could figure out who that really is... because it seems to change from phone call to phone call. The appointments have changed by 30 minutes a few times as well. I'm just going to use the latest amount and get a bank draft for it. And let sleeping dogs lie. We pick up the car today... be it at 4PM, 4:30PM, 5PM, 5:30PM or 6:00PM. And they don't seem to know from one phone call to the next how much the outstanding amount or the appointment time, even though it's on the website!

I'm trying to imagine that it's a growing company and that they just haven't grown into the service mindset yet. And yet, how do you set up appointments electronically and not know when they are?

I’m supposed to take delivery this Friday, June 14 at 3:30 p.m.. I have to travel from Vancouver Island, involving ferries on a Friday evening so I need to adjust the time. As far as I know, I don’t have any contact people at Tesla yet.

I have telephoned the Vancouver West 4 telephone number. Of course, I get the message that the message box is full. I heave sent messages three times using the message box on the Tesla website. I have telephoned the toll-free number on the Tesla website and got a recorded message to phone back.

I am planing to take the car straight to have PPF installed. Of course, if there are paint problems with the car, that is in jeopardy.

I’m hoping that three weeks from now this will all be a good story about how I got a wonderful car, not the first episode of a gong show.

I'm trying to imagine that it's a growing company and that they just haven't grown into the service mindset yet. And yet, how do you set up appointments electronically and not know when they are?

I know. Just try to have some patience -- not that I did. :) They were very apologetic, but it's some serious growing pains. Anyway, enjoy the car it really is awesome.