Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another round of price increases here in Canada - May 6 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been thinking about it, perhaps elons pricing in some hardware upgrades for future FSD? Cpu and camera upgrades I’m sure aren’t cheap, but if he’s pricing that in so eventually we get the latest and greatest v4 that’d be good

Even if that is what Tesla wants to do in the future. You are paying for what you are getting now and what's in the car. There is no guarantee Tesla will ever upgrade you to new hardware. By that point, you might as well buy a new car.

Reactions: akidesir
I wish we got the subscription with the price increase! Until it is transferable to new vehicle, makes more sense for to pay monthly when I need it as I do not keep cars long enough.

I am driving from Vancouver to Delaware right now, would have paid $300 to have auto-lane change and navigate on autopilot. 3,300kms down in 2.5 days!
Monthly is the way to go for this. Even if it is 300 per month gets my 42 months of FSD. Mind you I would only plan to use it on trips greater than a few hours so I am probably not the best example.

I have now been telling co-workers to not get a Tesla.

They cost WAY too much and don't get the rebate. And event those who are adamant on getting a Tesla, they ask me is FSD is worth it. I said no (even before the price increase). I have FSD Beta and I will not be purchasing it again in a future cybertruck (planning on getting one in 2028 or 2029).

I suggest the Kia EV6 or Hyundai Ioniq 5. Both are incredible vehicles (especially for the price!)