Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Sentry mode issue!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
I formatted my SSD a week ago and have just happened to look at what's on the Sentry captures.
There are dozens of 60sec recordings, spaced 1 min apart and almost none with any movement recorded that could conceivably have triggered captures, and no "red dot" signalling triggering.
This is the first time I've seen this - anyone else?

This happened to me on July 16. Only the second time since COVID that we went out to eat, and when we returned to the car there were 92 "events" recorded, each 50 to 60 seconds long. No red dots on any of them to indicate when they were triggered. Only a few showed any potential triggering events like cars parking or leaving next to me. My wife asked me if this had happened to anyone else on the forum and I finally got around to searching. I have no explanation, but since you asked thought I would post this. (Warning, usually when I post something on a thread it kills the thread so I hope it doesn't happen this time. I'm curious if anyone knows what might have caused this or if it got fixed in the most recent update.)

Edit: Just discovered this similar thread for what it is worth: Sentry mode gone crazy

Last edited: