Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Texan into the Fray!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome @tailchaser . When I was last in Plano, a lady had run out her battery on the ramp to the third floor Plano Supercharger. Then her 12v died before the tow truck could drag her the 150 ft. to the charger -- and the charger port wouldn't open. Having said that, I would be cautious if you are at 0 range miles using any charger that is more than one floor above where your car is currently. One more thing. The Plano Charger is the only Supercharger with signage that prohibits overnight parking. For the life of me, I can't imagine why that is.

If you like Easter egg hunts, go and find the Supercharger in Huntsville, TX. There is a 'back way' into it that seems easier to turn into given the hilly terrain, and lower road-speeds. Even then, the Superchargers are blocked, from view, by buildings and vegetation, until you are right on top of them.

@tailchaser , this is the big day! Is it everything you thought it would be? FYI, if you are going for maximum 'green points', set you car to charge starting 2AM in the morning (Using 'scheduled charging' in the car's charging UI). I've analyzed the Texas grid data for the last 2 years, and that is the time when the wind generation dominates all other sources on the grid. If you are charging at 50 Amps, a one hour charge will probably restore you to a good charge long before morning.

So they didn't manage to get it here for a 6/7 delivery and I spent 2 weeks in Europe... Picked her up on Wednesday. Been doing most of my charging during peak wind hours, but also been doing some road tripping... so logging a few miles! Went up to Davis, OK, yesterday for my traditional new car christening... It was nice to carry the fried pies home in the frunk where I was not tempted to eat them the whole way!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9573.jpg
    IMG_9573.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 36