Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Advice for Buying a Tesla in Other Cities?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been searching for a 2015+ Model S for the past few weeks and have found some good deals here and there, but the problem is that they are located in other states around the country.

Could anyone offer any advice on the process of doing this without getting screwed?

Is there a trusted service?

Thanks so much.

I flew and picked mine up from Colorado and drove it back to Houston.. Free Supercharging for the win.. Plus I learned all the do's and don'ts . Trial by fire. I would do it again in a hearbeat.

Brave Man! What kind of prep work did you do before going to Colorado to help you feel confident in the purchase? Did you fly into Colorado knowing for sure you were going to buy? Was there any point of no return?

Brave Man! What kind of prep work did you do before going to Colorado to help you feel confident in the purchase? Did you fly into Colorado knowing for sure you were going to buy? Was there any point of no return?
It was a CPO. I picked it up 6 days after I said yes. It was an amazing experience. My flight was a $24 ticket on spirit airlines, no baggage. They ubered me to the Tesla center to get the car. So many things could have gone wrong, but everything lined up..

Reactions: Galve2000
Everything in life is a measured risk that has a cost associated to the risk or lack of risk. Descriptions, pictures, contracts, and communication (lots of communication).

I bought my 2015 S sight unseen from a forum member in Nevada and had it shipped and sold my 2013 S also sight unseen to a member in Cali and shipped it there.

In the past I purchased a Viper sight unseen from Florida and a year later sold it the same to a buyer in Wisconsin.

At the end of the day there were contracts and a whole lot of trust and it all worked out well. If your prospective buyer is difficult to get ahold of, doesn’t share information on the vehicle or detailed photos, or anything else that concerns you I would move along.

Reactions: Blup85
Everything in life is a measured risk that has a cost associated to the risk or lack of risk. Descriptions, pictures, contracts, and communication (lots of communication).

I bought my 2015 S sight unseen from a forum member in Nevada and had it shipped and sold my 2013 S also sight unseen to a member in Cali and shipped it there.

In the past I purchased a Viper sight unseen from Florida and a year later sold it the same to a buyer in Wisconsin.

At the end of the day there were contracts and a whole lot of trust and it all worked out well. If your prospective buyer is difficult to get ahold of, doesn’t share information on the vehicle or detailed photos, or anything else that concerns you I would move along.

Any preferred shippers you can recommend?