Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any advise on purchasing a used Tesla from the experts;-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh perfect! That’s just what I’ll get! Much appreciation for this!!
Before you buy anything verify what specific type of outlet they have available. I've got that 14-50 extension cord but I've also got nearly a dozen homemade adapters ranging from 15A to 50A in my adapter kit. You'd be wise to start acquiring adapters for your own kit as you may need them someday. Start with your friends outlet since you know you'll have need for that one & add them as you go.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Still in the research/learning phase here. Where can I find the Build Date (Month/Year) on the cars on Tesla's used inventory or on the EV-CPO site? They show the years and on EV-CPO the gear icon shows the Vin and options, but no build date. I can obviously see the updated nose cone and AP, but it would be easier if I could search for builds after a specific date.

Great info on the thread.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Ok, Tesla experts! I must say I definitely recommend a road trip/short or long is a must after purchase of a Tesla! Initially I was quite nervous with utilizing AP fully, but as you all mentioned, you get used to it!! I can honestly say over the last two days it has saved me many times; esp with late night driving!! I still haven’t gotten totally comfortable with very sharp curves, but I’m sure that will come! Or feel free to chime in on how comfortable you all feel with it handling sharp curves while driving????.

I was driving back from Nashville to Atlanta if you all are familiar with Monteagle curves. Which certainly isn’t the curviest but it definitely isn’t a straightaway!
Also, is it just me but sometimes while in AP, the car jerks/hesitates. Do you think it’s the shadows? On a sunny day. It happened when driving straight & even once while attempting to change lanes in AP?? Both with tractor trailors nearby!
Much appreciation again& so far loving my MS, thanks to you guys!! It definitely makes driving so much more enjoyable! I never would’ve thought I’d ever say that!!
Headed down to the Florida keys!!

Reactions: FlyinLow
Still in the research/learning phase here. Where can I find the Build Date (Month/Year) on the cars on Tesla's used inventory or on the EV-CPO site? They show the years and on EV-CPO the gear icon shows the Vin and options, but no build date. I can obviously see the updated nose cone and AP, but it would be easier if I could search for builds after a specific date.

Great info on the thread.
I agree, I would love to see the build date and the inservice date (the date the warranty starts), on all used vehicles.

I agree, I would love to see the build date and the inservice date (the date the warranty starts), on all used vehicles.

There is a field available called "InCustomerGarageDate" which I assume is pretty darn close to the actual In Service Date, but for some odd reason, they don't call it that. EV-CPO calls is "Original Delivery Date" to make it a little clearer.

You have to contact Tesla Sales to get the Build Date, although the build Month/Year should be on the door jam VIN plate.