Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing used model 3 with remaining warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the vehicle battery warranty and other warranties transferable? I am buying a newer vehicle with less than 20k miles on it. Model 3.

And are there any tricks to check the vehicles battery capacity and health before I take delivery?

I know the “service mode” trick. Interested in where to look inside service mode and if there is anything else I can do to test the batteries.

Answers to both my questions will be tremendously appreciated. I don’t want to go into this purchase blind.

I already own a 2021 model 3 we purchased brand new. These questions pertain to the additional model 3 we will be purchasing this Wednesday, so time in answering me is of the essence.

Thank you guys so much, in advance.

Is the vehicle battery warranty and other warranties transferable? I am buying a newer vehicle with less than 20k miles on it. Model 3.

And are there any tricks to check the vehicles battery capacity and health before I take delivery?

I know the “service mode” trick. Interested in where to look inside service mode and if there is anything else I can do to test the batteries.

Answers to both my questions will be tremendously appreciated. I don’t want to go into this purchase blind.

I already own a 2021 model 3 we purchased brand new. These questions pertain to the additional model 3 we will be purchasing this Wednesday, so time in answering me is of the essence.

Thank you guys so much, in advance.
As long as you got a non-salvaged title, the battery and drive unit warranty will be honored.

Some find tools like Scan my Tesla is helpful to see your battery condition.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin

Yes, the remainder of OEM vehicle and battery warranties are fully transferable.
Unless Tesla decides that the car was totaled. In which case, they may unilaterally decide to revoke the warranty and access to Super Chargers. It is highly unlikely to be the case with an average used car, but something to bear in mind.

The other thing to beware of is that any optional software packages (AP, FSD), may get revoked by Tesla. On a whim. Without any explanation, or a recourse outside of the court system.

Try this:
And if still curious, run the Battery Test:

HTH,
a